"One glance at our Festival Outlook and it’s clear a lot of you guys like playing festival booker. Well, why not do the real thing? Consequence of Sound has teamed up with Memphis’ Beale Street Music Festival to give one lucky winner the chance to particpate in a talent booking meeting for the festival’s 2012 installment. Better yet, we’ll put you up at the ritzy Madison Hotel, feed you with Rendezvous ribs, and supply you with a cool one thousand dollars in cash.
To enter, visit Beale Street’s Facebook page and submit a photo of yourself in your best agent pose, along with two artist recommendations: one for a main stage headliner and the other as a breakout artist for 2012. Entries must be submitted by November 13th. A voting period will follow between November 14th and 22nd, where members of the public can vote for one submission once per contest. Then, on November 23rd, the five finalists will be selected from the highest voted submissions. From there, the finalists will be required to submit a video detailing why they should win, and between November 28th and December 3rd, the public can vote for one finalist. The grand prize winner will be announced on December 5th at 4pm CT. Got all that?
Now, here’s exactly what the grand prize winner will receive:
– Two night accommodations at Madison Hotel, 79 Madison Avenue, Memphis, TN
– Tickets to visit all the musical attractions Memphis is known for – Graceland, STAX Museum of American Soul Music, Sun Studios, Rock ‘n Soul Museum, and historic Beale Street.
– Dinner for two at the world famous Rendezvous barbecue restaurant.
– A meeting with the Beale Street Music Festival talent selection committee for input into selections for the 2012 Beale Street Music Festival.
– $1000 cash
– Two 3-Day Passes to the 2012 Beale Street Music Festival
Again, you can enter by clicking this link. But before doing so, please be sure to read the fine print."
It don't get much better than that! GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!