Paul Simon has announced the first half of his fall U.S. tour, and you guessed it, he will be gracing the Bluff City with his presence. This time around he will be playing the historic Mud Island Amphitheater on October 29th. Tickets have not yet gone on sale to the public, but expect them around late September.
HERE and get ready for good times.
Minglewood Hall, has kept up the pace with several great shows coming up this fall. As well as next weeks (September 21st) "Laser Rock" Ghostland Observatory show, the good people at MH will be bringing the dance party to Memphis on November 14th in the form of dubstep wizard SKRILLEX (Check out the previous post). Dubbed The Mothership Tour, he will be preforming with 12th planet, Two Fresh, and Nadastrom. Tickets are going fast, as most shows before and after their Memphis stop have already sold out, so get em fast HERE.
The Pixies, will be embarking on their Doolittle Lost Cities Tour, taking time to visit Beal Street's Orpheum Theater on November 14th. Haven't heard much of their material with the exception of the famous Fight Club closing song "Where is my Mind" you say? Well head on over to their website and sign up for their mailing list and you shall be rewarded with a FREE live Ep to get you in the mood.
Other shows of note:
- Jim Dickinson Festival @ Levitt Shell - 9/19/11 [FREE SHOW]
- Widespread Panic w/ YMSB @ FedEx Forum - 10/1/11
- MuteMath @ Hi-Tone - 10/12/11
- Railroad Earth @ Minglewood Hall 10/12/11
- Perpetual Groove w/ Moon Taxi @ Newby's - 10/15/11
- Trampled By Turtles @ Hi-Tone - 10/17/11
- Taking Back Sunday @ The New Daisy - 10/18/11
- Peter Frampton @ Mud Island Amphitheater - 10/21/11
- Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue @ Minglewood Hall - 10/28/11
- Drive-By Truckers @ The New Daisy - 10/29/11
- Zac Brown Band @ FedEx Forum - 11/10/11
- Ana Sia & Kraddy @ Sky Grille - 11/11/11
- North Mississippi All-Stars @ Minglewood Hall 11/25/11